Thursday, August 14, 2008

Clarification

I love and respect J. Lee Grady, editor of Charisma Online and "Fire in My Bones." He puts himself out as a target every time he writes something. I see real potential in Mr. Grady, and I believe that the Lord is working to prepare him. I have been concerned that he has been influenced by some who have not always been the best influences. My heart is concerned even now about some of the people around him, but I still see potential. Whether he fulfills that potential remains to be seen. Most Christians are in a part of the Church that has not trained them to maturity because that part of the Church is not mature itself. This is a result of the overall Church needing restoration. In the restored Church, disciples, young and old, will quickly be taught the milk of the Word followed by the meat of the Word. Their senses will be trained to discern both good and evil!

For the last several months, I have been prophetically writing words from God. I have been calling for repentance and showing the need for the restoration of the Church. I have been warning that there will be godly restoration or there will be devilish storms. I have been looking for disciples with ears to hear and eyes to see. Thank God that I have found some. I have rejoiced when I have seen people who know truth; I have been grieved when I have seen people who are deceived. I have also been grieved when I have seen people who had truth, but did not share it in love. I have tried to be very careful in how I have presented things on the Charisma Online forums.

It has concerned me for years that people will receive a word that is really not from God and will base their lives upon it because the presenter of the word was well known and very prominent. It is similar to companies using well-known celebrities and prominent people for their commercials and advertising. It seems to work well for businesses, and it seems to work in the Church also. The celebrity mentality has captivated the minds of a large part of the Church. Celebrity status people are listened to, and real prophets are ignored.

I do not mean to be critical or to hurt feelings, but many of the things presented as prophetic by Charisma do not qualify as any gift of the Spirit, and are definitely not prophetic. Many of the people being called Charismatic apostles and prophets may be Charismatic apostles and prophets, but they are not God's apostles and prophets. I saw a so-called Christian television program a few months ago calling someone I have known personally for years an apostle, and all I can say is God help us. Concerning Christian television, the Church and the world would be much better off without most of it. I wrote something in the nineties called "Pure or Offended." If your heart is pure, truth will not offend; we must, in love, speak and write truth.

The Holy Spirit is directing me to be more specific and straightforward. Last week I sent an open message to brother Lee Grady and anyone with eyes to see and ears to hear. Early this morning, the Lord spoke a prophetic word to me; I posted it on the CharismaOnline forum under the title "God is Not Pleased." (It is also posted on this blog.) I later posted it again because it applies to Lee Grady's latest article. It is important to clarify that it is a prophetic word that is not in response to anything posted, but it applies.

Again I say that I am looking for people with ears to hear and eyes to see. Actually, I am speaking prophetically that the eyes of the Lord are looking for true and loyal disciples with ears to hear and eyes to see who will deny self, forsake all, take up their cross, and follow Him.

No comments: