Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Call for the Church in America to Repent

The United States of America is headed for a destructive fall unless the Church in the United States fulfills 2 Chronicles 7:14. Any Christian with true discernment can see that our country is already on the path to destruction. What most Christians cannot or will not see is that the primary responsibility for being on this path belongs to the Church. The only hope for America is for the Church to wake up and truly repent!

Unless one is deceived by such things as thinking their church or denomination is “The Church," a fair-minded Christian should be able to recognize that most of the Church is not in line with the biblical pattern given by God. One of the main problems is a lack of knowledge of the power given the Church to address the ills in our society. Another main problem is the division within the Church. Although many deceptively try to cover the division by things such as agreeing to disagree, etc., the truth is that the Church is not in line with our Lord's prayer found in John 17.

I love the Lord God, I love His Church, and I love our country and her people. I do not want to see our country fall, whether in my lifetime or in the lifetime of my children and grandchildren. I just watched an account on television of Muslims in Australia receiving Jesus Christ, and my heart was thrilled and encouraged. But more than anything, I want to see the Church fulfill her call from God. If a Muslim can wake up and receive Jesus Christ, can the Church in America not wake up and repent? My prayer is that you will take this word to heart and seek God. It is not too late, but we must not delay too long. I love you in the Lord!

No comments: