Sunday, July 6, 2014

Awake O Church

                                                           
Over and over for years I have heard ministers calling for our nation to return to God and her spiritual roots. The latest was in the last few days when I heard Rev. Billy Graham’s daughter doing so. I thank God for her and all others that want to see America repent and turn to God. I too want to see America repent and again be considered a godly nation. I want this as much as anyone could want it, but every time I hear them talk about the need for America to repent and return to God my spirit cries out and says it is first the church in America that must repent and turn to God. I think highly of many of the ministers that have voiced their concern for America, but don’t they see that repentance must first start in the church in America before it will spread throughout the nation? Is there anyone who sees it? It is so obvious.
I have been calling for restoration, revival and awakening for many years. If you look closely at most of what I write you will see the call. It is “Restore the Church and Save our Nation.” It is “Restore the Church and save the Nations.” Jesus is the only Savior, but it is the church that He is building that must preach Him and His kingdom in all the world as a witness to all nations (Matt. 24: 14). It is His church that must be salt and light to the entire world.
Please understand that if you see spiritual darkness spreading in our country it is because less and less light is emanating from the church. We often get frustrated with our leaders in Washington, but how can we expect them to see clearly in the dark? My heart cries out for the church to awaken and be the glorious church that Jesus wants her to be. Awake O Church! Awaken and let the light of Jesus within you shine throughout the land.
P. S. I do minister other things. Today I ministered about our heavenly Father’s love for His children. When we walk in His love and abide in His presence all is well. It is then that we hallow His name and pray Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. It is then as His children we ask and receive, we seek and find, we knock and the door is opened. We bask in His love and presence. May we all have a revelation of how much God loves us as His children.

 

 

No comments: